Oportunidad Laboral: Manager de Programa – Proyecto Geotérmico Nueva Zelanda/África
Un Programa de Geotermia entre Nueva Zelanda y África (NZ-AGF), se está elaborando para la prestación de asistencia técnica y creación de capacidades para los Gobiernos del África del Este, con el fin de desarrollar los recursos de energía geotérmica, y se está en la búsqueda del Manager del Programa.
(PiensaGeotermia en “modo vacaciones”)
A job announcement has been posted for a Programme Manager role for the New Zealand/ Africa Geothermal Project with a location in East Africa.
The New Zealand Government is partnering with the African Union Commission (AUC) to design and establish the New Zealand-African Geothermal Facility (NZ-AGF) to provide responsive, flexible and timely geothermal technical assistance and capacity building for East African Governments to develop geothermal energy resources. The overall goal of the NZ-AGF is to expand access to affordable, reliable and clean energy in East African nations from geothermal energy resources.
New Zealand’s geothermal industry is known internationally for providing high quality geothermal technical expertise. The Programme Manager will play an integral leadership role to identify opportunities to deploy New Zealand’s geothermal expertise in the region through the NZ-AGF.
The Programme Manager will be responsible to design and establish the NZ-AGF, manage key stakeholders’ political relationships and contractual arrangements with suppliers. The Programme Manager will be responsible for (among other things):
- Stakeholder relationship management, including AUC, partners, other donors, New Zealand GE industry.
- Working in partnership with New Zealand geothermal industry to communicate the “portfolio of services” available through the NZ-AGF.
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of geothermal sector development in East Africa, including project status and activities of other donors.
- Promotion of the NZ-AGF to eligible countries in the region and active identification of potential technical assistance requests.
- Overall management of the NZ-AGF including budget and programme management, reporting, risk management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Facilitating the procurement and contract management of technical assistance service providers to assignment under the NZ-AGF.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- In depth knowledge and experience in the New Zealand geothermal industry.
- Excellent relationship management skills and experience in working with multiple stakeholders, including government representatives (from Ministers to officials at all levels), donor agencies, and geothermal developers.
- Experience of driving geothermal projects through the complete project lifecycle, from pre-feasibility to generation, including the structuring of complex financial models.
- Experience in the commercial, legal, political, cultural, social, and environmental issues and challenges related to the development of geothermal resources.
- Experience working in a developing country context preferably East Africa.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts.
- This important senior level role will appeal if you are interested in expanding access to affordable, reliable and clean energy in East African nations from geothermal resources.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake appropriate medical assessment.
Applications for both roles close: 5:00pm (NZT) on Wednesday 1st March 2017.
Hudson Global Resources has been engaged to manage the process.
Please refer all correspondence, queries or requests for more information and a copy of the full Role Descriptions to: Rebecca Wilson, Associate Director, Hudson, Wellington, New Zealand, Office: +64 4 917 9200, DDI: +64 4 917 9270, Cell: +64 21 429 154, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (official application form)