Oferta Laboral: EHS Manager – Geotermia, Geysers, California
Calpine está buscando un Gerente de Medio Ambiente, Salud y Seguridad para sus operaciones geotérmicas en Geysers, California.
Calpine está en la búsqueda de un candidato para el cargo de Gerente de Medio Ambiente, Salud y Seguridad para su operación geotérmica en las plantas de Geysers, California.
Detalle en inglés:
Responsible for complex, technical work in a wide range of environmental and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements and with Calpine Environmental and Safety standards; reviews, interprets and advises management on complex environmental and safety compliance and environmental and safety policy matters. Has complete understanding of environmental and safety principles, concepts, practices, standards and regulations.
Reviews plant procedures and make recommendations for updates according to laws, regulations, and good power plant practices and environmental and safety standards.
Investigates environmental and safety incidents as necessary.
This position recommends improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operation of equipment, to minimize the unsafe or hazardous conditions. Develops and conducts employee training, emergency preparedness and quality assurance programs. Prepares and maintains environmental and safety compliance documents and records appropriate to be completed at a regional level, as determined by EHS management and Calpine Power Operations. Coordinates the timely modification or renewal of all permits, scheduling and supervision of stack tests, etc., as appropriate.
May serve as the key environmental and safety position in small field or plant locations, or at The Geysers.
- Accomplishes work through others; leads and manages a regional team of EHS Specialists with an environmental and safety operational focus
- Extensive knowledge of Environmental and Safety regulations at state, federal, and local level, as well as plant programs to comply with those regulations.
- Leads and manages employees performing related duties including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountabilities.
- Provides leadership and works with management on identified EHS issues, recommendations, and opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS programs and culture.
- Manages advocacy efforts on environmental or safety issues of importance to Calpine.
- May lead parts of Environmental and Safety support for development, acquisition, and divestiture effort as assigned.
- Decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and strategic and tactical operations.
- Results have significant impact on costs and the achievement of function objectives or project-based goals.
- Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
- Manages research for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services and techniques within Environment and Safety.
- Works with team to implement day to day activities, new process, tools services/activities.
- Develops plans to drive EHS continuous improvement.
- Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to problems of diverse scope and moderately complex for a function within assigned region.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
- Manages the day-to-day environmental and safety functions of a designated region.
- Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
- Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirement.
- Resource integrator – builds professional networks, identifies, and connects resources to achieve goals.
- Regularly leads idea generation processes and develops plans – in agreement with management – to implement the ideas approved for further action.
- Collaborates within larger EHS team to standardize implementation and optimize processes and systems.
Requirements – Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Environmental Services, Health & Safety Sciences, Engineering or Science and 10+ years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Master’s Degree in related field may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience.
- Previous work leadership experience and proven success in leading teams to achieve set goals.