EOI: Consultoría para desarrollo de plan de crecimiento del Spa Geotérmico Olkaria, Kenia
KenGen está realizando un llamado para el envío de expresiones de interés para la prestación de servicios de consultoría para el plan de crecimiento del spa geotérmico operado por la empresa Olkaria en Kenia.
(PiensaGeotermia en “modo vacaciones”)
Tender announcement: “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR UPSCALING OF GEOTHERMAL SPA”
Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited (KenGen) is a limited liability company, 70% owned by the Government of the Republic of Kenya. It is the leading electric power generation company in Kenya, producing about 80% of the electricity used in the country. It has a total installed capacity of 1,617.8MW with power plants located in different parts of Kenya.
KenGen utilizes various primary sources of energy to generate electricity ranging from hydro, geothermal, thermal and wind. KenGen has entered into power plant specific Power Purchase Agreement with Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited (KPLC) for the sale of electricity generated from its various power plants.
In the year 2013, KenGen constructed a Geothermal Spa (Swimming pool using hot water from geothermal wells) to showcase direct uses of geothermal energy. The Company, however, desires that the Geothermal Spa becomes self-sustaining in its operations.
To ensure that the Geothermal Spa becomes self-sustaining, the company wishes to engage an eligible firm to upscale the spa products and services and attract more visitors.
Scope of Services
The scope work and services for the consultancy will include but not limited to the following:
- Carry out a survey of the existing facility and its operations within the Olkaria Geothermal area.
- Develop a viable financial model and business plan for the facility which must include an elaborate marketing strategy and investment alternatives
- Investment opportunities should capture facilities necessary to host conferences, equipped reception halls to accommodate the ever increasing number of visitors to site and others as per this study
- Advise the client on additional services and products that can be introduced and developed to obtain maximum utilization of the facility.
The expression of interest must be accompanied by the consultant’s qualifications, professional capabilities and details of past experience related to the requested consultancy services. Such information may include brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, and availability of appropriate skills among staff with their most recent profiles showing their experience, qualifications, capabilities, referees and details of past experience especially in their areas of expertise.
This consultancy requires the services of competent individuals with analytical competence and knowledgeable about hospitality industry Interested firms should provide specific information as indicated below:
- Name of firm who will participate in undertaking the consulting services and their role in all aspects of the consultancy service. To be submitted also are name(s) and position(s) of authorized representatives.
- Firms that bid jointly should submit consortium agreements between the parties, with the roles of each party clearly defined. (Not more than one consortium agreement of the same firms will be accepted.)
- Description of management/ organization structure, list of key staff relevant to the assignment and their Curriculum Vitae
- Be composed of relevant consultants with a mix of appropriate expertise. The team members should have degree from a recognized university in areas of Finance, Economics, Tourism, and Engineering or related field and must have a minimum experience of at least two years in the same or related consultancy.
- Information regarding any current litigation involving the consulting firm certified by a reputable law firm
- Bidders must provide their company profile together with Certificate of Registration /Incorporation in the Country of domicile.
- The bidder must provide Evidence of experience in hospitality industry development – Attach at least three (3) references of similar work done in the last five years
Interested individuals may request for clarification on this qualification for up to Seven (7) days before submission date. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing by paper, mail, facsimile or electronic mail to:
Geothermal Development Director – Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited – Kolobot Road, Parklands, Stima Plaza ,Phase III, P.O.BOX47936-00100 GPO Nairobi, Kenya – Tel:254-020-3666204 – Fax:248848 – Email: email@example.com, and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org,
Submission of the pre-qualification documents made in English must be received in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked on the outer envelope “CONFIDENTIAL –KGNGDD-011-2017- EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR UPSCALING OF GEOTHERMAL”
and addressed to: The Company Secretary and Legal Affairs Director, Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited 10th Floor, KenGen Pension Phase II, Kolobot Road, Parklands, Stima Plaza ,Phase III P.O.BOX 47936-00100 GPO Nairobi ,Kenya Tel:254-020-3666204
The submission must be dropped in Tender Box located at Ground Floor near Security Desk or on 10th floor KenGen Pension Plaza II in the Company secretary’s Office.
Bidders should submit one original and two (2) copies of the EOI on before 16th March 2017 at 10.00 hours. The EOI will be opened on the same day in public at 10.30hrs, (Kenyan time) at KenGen Pension Plaza II, Tender Opening Room, Ground Floor in the presence of bidders representative who choose to attend.
The Expression of Interest can also be viewed and downloaded from our website www.kengen.co.ke; or www.suppliers.treasury.go.ke;.
Bidders are advised to be checking the websites from time to time up to five (5) days before submission date for any uploaded information through clarification/addendum.
Only individuals pre-qualified under this procedure will be invited to submit their Technical and financial proposals under the Request for Proposals (RFP).
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR